Monday, May 7, 2007

Moodle

A course Management system (CMS), Moodle is a “free Open source software package designed using sound pedagogical principles, to help educators create effective online learning communities.” [http://moodle.org]

There is no instruction on how to use the website. It is the teacher who has to guide the students on where to go and how to use the available features. The website is manageable and easy to understand. Students can access the calendars, the schedule of events, the assignments, and their grades. In this way student can monitor their progress as well as the due assignments for each week. Students can also work ahead by checking on the assigned tasks each week for the entire semester.

Moodlle offers communication feature that allow teachers and students to communicate in and out of the classroom. At first, I was having problems ensuring that I already uploaded my due assignments. However, later on I learned that once you uploaded an assignment, it will provide you with the date and time it is uploaded as an acknowledgement.

As an aspiring teacher, I can use this in my class to provide my students a chance to experience the services of Moodle which can help enhance their learning. For a five star rating, I gave this site a four star rating.

No comments: